About Our Pharmacy
Jim Oehm PharmD RPh
Pet Supplies Delivered offers you the commitment, convenience and comfort of having a licensed pharmacy, staffed by licensed pharmacists, filling your pet prescriptions. Our pharmacists are available for questions you may have by calling toll free 1-800-367-4444. When ordering your prescription products, State Law requires your veterinarian either call us at 1-800-367-4444 or fax the prescription to 1-800-242-9447. For mail orders, please send the original prescription with your order.
(Approved by AVMA Executive Board, April-2001)
The following recommendations are offered as a guide to prescribing and client purchases:
- Drug therapy, when medically indicated, should be initiated by the attending veterinarian in the context of a valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship.
- Drugs may be dispensed or prescribed. Veterinarians should honor client requests to prescribe rather than dispense a drug (AVMA principles of veterinary medical ethics.) The client has the option of filling a prescription at any pharmacy.
- Clients might be advised to select an Internet pharmacy certified by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (firstname.lastname@example.org) whose VIPPS program and its accompanying seal of approval identify to the public those online pharmacies that are appropriately licensed and prepared to practice pharmacy via the Internet.
- Veterinarians asked by pharmacies to approve prescriptions they have not initiated should do so only if the prescription is appropriate and a valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship exists.
- It is within the veterinarian's (not the pharmacy's) purview to determine the medical criteria whereby a drug is indicated.
- As with any prescription, a written record should be maintained.
- Prescribing veterinarians should assure that information regarding the proper use of the prescribed drug and the risks associated with its use are communicated to the client, regardless of the drug source.
- Use of drugs of foreign origin that lack FDA approval generally is not permitted.
Please be assured that Pet Supplies Delivered's position is "NOT" to discourage your client-patient relationship with your Veterinarian. The health and well being of your pet(s) is our primary concern. But, as like human medicine, the D.V.M. will prescribe prescription drugs and in turn, the pharmacy will fulfill these requests. Pet Supplies Delivered has a licensed Pharmacy #2597 with licensed Pharmacists. Our Pharmacy is governed under the same rules and regulations as a human drug pharmacy, even though at this time we only dispense animal prescriptions written by licensed practicing Veterinarians.
As always, our Customer Service staff and Pharmacists are here to answer any questions you may have concerning the products and the services we offer.
We look forward to serving you, and thank you for the wonderful opportunities.